Member Spotlight: TBC Clarksville Power Couples




Derek and Alisha Anderson

How did you meet and how long have you been together?

Alisha: We have been together 6 years. Derek and I met at Midas, he used to work on my car and asked me to dinner one of the times I picked up my car.


What is your workout routine?

Alisha: My workout routine is once in the morning and once in the afternoon or evening depending on the day. I like to workout on my weekends too. I enjoy a variety of different types of workouts.

Derek: Pretty much whenever Alisha wants to go lol

What is one thing that you love about the other person?

Derek: Her determination to better herself and the people around her.

Alisha: I love that Derek excels at everything he puts his mind to, especially being a father and husband.


What is one funny habit that your partner does?

Alisha: A funny habit that Derek does is he snores and, at times, talks in his sleep.

Derek: Changing ten times before we go anywhere.

How do you empower each other?

Derek: We encourage each other, recognizing when the other is pushing it out and working hard.


Alisha: We empower each other by supporting each other’s goals and encouraging each other to push ourselves and to take risks. We remind each other how good of a job the other is doing as well.




Heidi Yetton and Marc Daniels

How did you meet and how long have you been together? 

Marc: We’ve been together 17 years, we met through the Army.  Her late husband and I were in the same unit together at Ft. Campbell.

What is your workout routine? 

Heidi: Generally we try to box 3-4 times a week. Marc will sometimes come to the early classes before work. I take a step aerobics class once a week also.

What is one thing that you love about the other person? 

Heidi: Devotion to our family! 
Marc: Passion

What is one funny habit that your partner does? 

Heidi: He’s always first in line at meal time! Possibly something he picked up in the Army
Marc: She talks to chickens.
How do you empower each other?

Heidi: We just continue to encourage each to stay on track with healthy eating and making time to get to the gym. We hope that our son will learn by watching us of the many benefits of living a healthy lifestyle. 

Marc: I let her do what she wants... She doesn't hit me haha. I'm very proud of her and what she has overcome in life--she works very hard.



Helen and Harry Hall

How did you meet and how long have you been together?
Helen: We met in Bremerhaven, Germany where we were both stationed. Harry was in the Army and I was working as a DODDS teacher. We have been together 37 years.

What is your workout routine?
Harry: Racquetball 3x weekly, Title 2x weekly, golf 2x weekly, swim laps when I can 
Helen: Title 3-4 times weekly, walking.

What is one thing that you love about the other person?
Helen: I love Harry's compassion.
Harry: I love that Helen is such a thoughtful person.

What is one funny habit that your partner does?
Helen: He gets really angry at the self-check-out machine at the commissary.
Harry: Her most profane exclamation is “boogers!”

How do you empower each other?
Through our faith, supporting and encouraging each other.



Sam and Janelle Richardson

How did you meet and how long have you been together?
Sam: We met at Hendrickson Trailer. It’s a factory in the industrial park. She worked there as a temp for a while in 2004. I still work there. We have been together since August 2004, almost 14 years ago. We married Sept. 4th 2007.

What is your workout routine?
Janelle: We go Title and do Spartan Races and lift weights with Curtis for strongman / strongwoman and we do SpartanTraining . He says I’m the planner and he just follows along (😂😂).

What is one thing that you love about the other person?
Sam: It’s hard to pick just one thing I love about Janelle. I’d have to say it’s how loving and caring she is. It’s easy for her to have empathy and show compassion. She is also a wonderful caring mother.
Janelle: Sam is very outspoken and is able to read people very well. I love that about him. He can say no, I struggle.

What is one funny habit that your partner does?
Sam: A funny habit she has is that she gets embarrassed easily, especially in a public place. It’s one of my favorite pass times to embarrass her. Lol.
Janelle: He sings in the store and does stuff to just embarrass me. Right now it’s funny. When it’s happening, not so much.

How do you empower each other?
Janelle: We are both competitive by nature and so we just push each other. Neither wants the other to have an advantage lol. I hate when he takes a Title class without me it drives me crazy 😜. We really are best friends and losing weight has brought us even closer.
Sam: We empower each other by reassuring each other when doubt creeps in. When one is feeling discouraged, we can gain inspiration from the other. I remind her of how far we have come and why we started. I love her completely.

Comments

Popular Posts